Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cartoons and FHE

Well here they are, some of my final sketches from while I was in Jerusalem.  Even though I didn't have any art classes this semester, I feel as though keeping this sketchbook has really helped me grow.  I wanted to challenge myself in the stylization of my characters,  giving them more emotion, movement, and stories of their own.  Looking back and comparing last semester to my previous sketchbooks, I am very surprised and impressed by the improvement.







This past semester my calling was to be an FHE mom.  I had the best "family" to work with.  One night, they convinced me to draw each of them, originally to make t-shirts but that plan fell through.  We then came up with titles for each member and what their role was in the family.  I think we were pretty accurate in the descriptions.  Please say hello to my little family.  I love them all dearly.

Skylar: The Absent Father
Eden: Mother Hen
Paige: The Prodigy
Meg: Punk Teen
Katie: The Forgotten Child
Jacob: Golden Child
Anne: A Classy Grandma
Aubreigh: The Kookie Aunt
Sarah: Flower Child
Jenessa: The Pet Bunny



1 comment:

  1. What you can do with a sheet of paper and a pencil is A...MAY...ZING!!!! And, of course, I saved "Eden, the Mother Hen" to my camera roll. It captures you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete