Friday, March 1, 2013

Alive and Kickin'

First off, an update on the school mural.  We are almost done!  We went back yesterday from 11a.m. to 3 in the afternoon and worked on it.  It feels so good to paint, I could have been there much longer.  We think that all we need is one more day and then it will be finished.  EXCITING!


I'm just going to come out and say it.  I have the best life right now.  I'm young, I'm healthy, and I just ran a 10k in Jerusalem.  It might come as a surprise for some who know me as the book nerd who stays inside all day, but I did it!  And I actually enjoyed it.  I wasn't leading the pack or anything but I did pretty well considering I haven't played sports since I was twelve.  Not to say I'm a lazy bum.  On the contrary, I jump at every chance I can get to go camping, canoeing, rock-climbing, or hiking.  I like the feeling of sore muscles and aching feet.  It means I'm putting my body to good use.  In fact, racing this morning makes me want to do more.  Be more active and what not.  We'll see how long that lasts...

I also really enjoyed the chance to be alone with my thoughts while speeding through Jerusalem.  I didn't take the race too seriously so I could focus on where I was, what I was seeing, and enjoying the moment.  I still tried my best mind you, but did not hesitate to walk when I needed a break (which I'm proud to say only happened a few times).  But for any of you legitimate athletes out there, I suggest you put some Bon Jovi and Michel Jackson songs in your running/work out play list.  When you think your energy is about drained, they can fill up your gas tank like nothing else.
This is how people should live life.  It's out there for the taking and we should grab it all!  Try every food, custom, and adventure.  Next on my list is snorkeling in the Red Sea, rafting down the Jordan river, and eventually sky-diving.  I'll let you know how it goes.

         

2 comments:

  1. You are a sparkling jewel in the celestial firmament Eden! Put us all to shame....at the very least me. Every single minute of your day is filled with youthful power and rare adventure. Drink it up Kid, drink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to read this. This morning I saw some photos your friend posted of you in Jerusalem and I thought how happy and young and healthy you looked! I am glad you feel it too. It radiates through your pictures. I must say I am totally drinking up these experiences you are having! LOVE them. On the other hand, as someone who has been "learning" to run this year I am way impressed you can knock out a 10k with only walking a few times.

    ReplyDelete